Sunday, January 27, 2013

Winter Sun - Florida Renaissance Festival

One of my favorite times of the year is coming soon. The Florida Renaissance Festival runs weekends from February 9th to March 17th in Deerfield and March 30th to April 14th in Miami. I've enjoyed this particular festival for many years but something wonderful happened when I started posting about it in my blog the last couple of years. I started getting to know the faire folk - performers, characters, fans and fellow photographers. Many of which I have followed to their away from the faire jobs during the year both online and in person. It has been an amazing journey. 

One of the questions I get a lot is if I make any money writing this blog and posting my photos. The answer is NO - it actually cost me money. I travel to many events during the year which usually include tickets, food, tips, and parking. Many I don't write about. They sort of frown on taking a camera into plays and art galleries for some reason. So why do it? I find it very difficult to try new things. I'm sure many people can relate. Writing this blog drives me to step out of my comfort zone, try new things, meet new people, and most importantly, live life beyond my living room. Then every once in a while someone reaches out and lets me know how much they appreciate my efforts in special ways like including a few of my photos in their  music video. 

I urge everyone to give live entertainment a try this year. If you are not sure where to start - watch the video then come out and meet these amazing people.  


1 comment:

  1. I attended the Renaissance Festival in Colorado in 2011, I thought it was last year... where does time slip away on us? The show was fantastic, I loved it! If you'd like to take a look at my post from back then you can see it here .

    I can really relate to what you mentioned about blogging and getting out. I'm far from an introvert and love meeting people, but I get out more-so now and have a very different perspective in life. I feel as though I am one of the richest women on earth, my banker would beg to differ on that one though! lol

    Enjoy the festival, I'll be watching for photos. :-)

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete