Thursday, January 31, 2013

MeduSirena Revisited

MeduSirena
MeduSirena is one of those cultural icons you just need to meet in person. I somehow missed this special treasure in my own backyard until about this time last year. If you want to catch a unique, watery show, the mermaids perform every Friday evening at 6:30. Just head over to the Wreck Bar at the Sheraton Hotel on A1A in Fort Lauderdale. I go early so I can get a seat at the bar near one of the pool side port holes.

My first visit to this show was about a year ago. I've been back several times since, usually with friends in tow. One of the first things I did after meeting the Mermaids was to "friend" MeduSirena Marina on Facebook. Her quirky sense of humor and several posts a day are a large part of my daily entertainment requirement. If you can't make it to a show, then I highly recommend checking out her postings.

One little fun fact that most people don't know - Right after the swim show, the mermaids have a little Meet, Greet, and sometimes Eat session with the fans. I went a couple of weeks ago and for the first time became part of the menu. You can tell by the smile I was having a terrible time.

Click on the links above (bold print) for more information or do what I did the first time - show up and be amazed. Just for fun, try and hold your breath as long as the mermaids swimming by the port holes. Not as easy as they make it look.







3 comments:

  1. When I grow up I want to be a mermaid! lol

    Sounds, and looks like a fun time!

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a really fun post to read! I like your style very much.

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm outraged! Being a sex object AND enjoying it?? Who knew that exploitation could be so much fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete