Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Starting a New Blog

Living in two cities is really putting a crimp in my social activities. I don't blog about a fraction of what I normally do but missing events like the Homestead Air Show, Camelot Days, and Florida Cajun Fest makes for a boring blog. Not hanging out with friends makes for a boring life.

One thing I've enjoyed most about blogging is the friends I've made either in person or electronically. This year has been a whirlwind of meeting new people. One who I've not met in person (and likely won't any time soon) is my biggest blog fan RedNomadOz.  A well known Australian blogger.

While I was kicking around some new ideas, I whipped together a new blog.

 
I've lived and/or worked in Hollywood since 1978 and have a nice little collection of photos. I also have quite a few Flickr friends with huge collections of amazing Hollywood photos. My intention was to showcase my work and maybe have a friend or two contribute a photo now and then. That was a week and a half ago.

I already have two contributors, two more thinking about it, and 430 hits. It didn't hurt that RedNomadOz pointed me to City Daily Photo who picked up my brand new blog with only 5 photos.

If you are new to this blog, all the large text is a link so click away and enjoy some of those events I'm going to miss. Be sure to head over to my new blog as well. If you have an amazing Hollywood photo, send it to HlwdFLPhotos@gmail.com along with a catchy title, photo credit, and maybe a little paragraph and I'll post it for you. An hour after your photo posts, it will be seen around the world.

I am hoping for a photo a day so I'll need a few more contributors.

No comments:

Post a Comment