Monday, March 2, 2009

Las Olas Art Fair

The Las Olas Art Fair is probably my favorite art show of all time. March 7-8 and admission is free. This is the event that got me interested in art shows. First of all, it's on Las Olas. Probably the best setting possible of all the events like this I have attended. Second, the mix of art and artists as well as the folks attending the show is perfect. Hard to believe this is their 21st annual event. I would guess I've been to half of them over the years. Some of the stores along Las Olas are as interesting as the show itself. You can always get a great meal just about anywhere along the route. Parking is easy if you go early. The price is about $10.00 at the lots near the event. I'm a walker so I go to the parking garage just West of show. Last year it was $5.00.

Messed up on Valentines Day guys? This will make up for it. If on the other hand you are a gal dragging your guy kicking and screaming, there are plenty of places to park him with a beer till you are done. Not kidding - seen it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment