Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Bonnet House - Fort Lauderdale




I have been neglecting my blog so I thought I would visit a site I have also been neglecting. The Bonnet House Museum & Gardens in Fort Lauderdale. I've been in South Florida 31 years and this was my first visit. Hard to believe as this is about the easiest place for me to get to and I have passed by maybe a thousand times. Anyone familiar with the beach area of Fort Lauderdale would find it amazing that this oasis exists. Just 100 years ago, Fort Lauderdale consisted of just a hand full of buildings. Now an entire city surrounds the site. It is worth the visit just to see how Florida looked such a short time ago. The house and grounds are beautiful and the history is well told by the guides. $20.00 gets you in. Another $2.00 for a golf cart ride around the property. Look for the 2 for 1 coupon online. Bring the mosquito repellent if you plan to tour the gardens.


1 comment:

  1. Bonnet house is beautiful. By the way, you can add a link to your flickr page on this blog to show off your other nice photos of this site.

    ReplyDelete